On Tuesday night, 130 industry VIPs gathered at Moonshine Post-Production for the inaugural Georgia Entertainment 100 event. It was an evening of networking, but also a time to celebrate Georgia’s dynamic entertainment industry and our recent legislative wins.
Lawmakers, producers, directors, investors, creators and other industry professionals were able to mix and mingle in a controlled environment at Moonshine’s incredible facility and with exceptional food provided by Zoë’s Kitchen.
Several state representatives, senators, mayors and other government officials were present at the event.
Sprinkled throughout the time of networking were brief but powerful presentations from
- Stephen Weizenecker (a partner at Barnes & Thornburg and a member of the Georgia Governor’s Advisory Commission on Film, Music and Digital Entertainment),
- Jess Johannesen (from Aprio’s State and Local Tax practice),
- Emmy Award-winning composer and music producer Matthew Head (OWN’s “Greenleaf”),
- Drew Sawyer of Moonshine Post-Production
- Chris LeDoux of Crafty Apes (the VFX company behind films such as “La La Land,” “Hidden Figures” and “Marvel’s Dr. Strange”).
In addition to the presentations and networking, donations for Atlanta-based nonprofit re:imagine/ATL were accepted throughout the evening. Founder and Executive Director Susanna Spiccia was on hand to speak about re:imagine/ATL, whose mission is to connect youth with resources and mentorship to amplify their voices in media.
Special thanks was expressed to the partners: Zöe’s Kitchen, Aprio, Monarch Private Capital, Creative Financial Group and Georgia CEO. For more information about future Georgia Entertainment 100 events and partnership opportunities, please contact us.