On Wednesday night, nearly 150 industry VIPs gathered for the Georgia Entertainment 101 event. It was an evening of networking, but also a time to celebrate Georgia’s dynamic entertainment industry and the diverse businesses that make up the industry.
Lawmakers, producers, directors, investors, creators and other industry professionals were able to mix and mingle in a controlled environment at Moonshine Post-Production’s incredible facility and with exceptional food provided by Zoë’s Kitchen.
Several state representatives, senators and other government officials were present at the event. Sprinkled throughout the time of networking were brief presentations:
- Drew Sawyer and Erin Bethea of Argentum Entertainment discussed Georgia’s environment for indie filmmaking
- Rick Strawn of Paradigm Security talked about new considerations and trends for event and production security
- Mark Lerner of City National Bank discussed financing trends in entertainment
- Chris Helton of Sapelo Insurance and Savannah attorney Bo Bowen talked about activities in Savannah
- Drew Sawyer of Moonshine Post-Production and Chris LeDoux of Crafty Apes showed an incredible reel of their work produced here in Georgia.
In addition to the presentations and networking, donations for Atlanta-based nonprofit re:imagine/ATL were accepted throughout the evening. Founder and Executive Director Susanna Spiccia was on hand to speak about re:imagine/ATL, whose mission is to connect youth with resources and mentorship to amplify their voices in media.
Special thanks was expressed to our partners who made the event possible. Argentum Entertainment, Atlanta Sound Guy, Cinema Greens, Creative Financial Group, ECG Productions, Endeavor Sound, FilmTribe, MatchKey Consulting, Moonshine Post-Production, Paradigm Security, River Oaks Studios, Sapelo Insurance, Sonesta Hotels, Zoes Kitchen
For more information about future Georgia Entertainment 100 events and partnership opportunities, please contact us.