Women’s History Month is here and with that, Cox Communications has teamed up with Netflix and iHeartRadio to bring the best in girl boss entertainment to viewers and listeners through Cox Contour. Whether it’s a new Netflix show or a music playlist of the hottest trending female artists, customers can access it all in one place via the Contour interface using their voice remote.
Recently, Cox added iHeartRadio, the free all-in-one digital music, podcasting and live streaming radio service, to Contour featuring more than a thousand live radio stations spanning a range of genres including Pop, Country, Hip-Hop, R&B, Alternative, Rock and more. In 2017, Cox announced the availability of Netflix on Contour enabling Cox customers with a Netflix subscription to access Netflix content, along with Cox’s live TV, DVR and On Demand content all within the Contour guide.
This month, many customers will be celebrating women and all they have achieved, and Cox wants to make it easy to celebrate some of the best work in entertainment all in one place. Planning a girl’s night in, or simply looking to get inspired – iHeartRadio, Netflix and Cox On Demand have all the best content available in one place during the month of March:
- iHeartRadio’s Inspired Women custom curated radio station honors the incredible contributions women have made to the music industry and features a mix of songs from female artists including Halsey, Cardi B, Maren Morris, Beyonce, Christina Aguilera, Demi Lovato, Hailee Steinfeld, Kelly Clarkson and many others. Plus, listeners will hear these talented women share stories around the artists that have inspired their music.
- The hottest Netflix binge worthy shows featuring some of today’s most celebrated actresses and directors include:
- Jessica Jones
- Orange Is The New Black
- The Crown
- Grace and Frankie
- Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life
- Stranger Things S2 (Millie Bobby Brown)
- My Next Guest Needs No Introduction With David Letterman: Malala Yousafzai (Youngest person ever to win Nobel Peace Prize)
- Master of None (Lena Waithe’s “Thanksgiving” episode)
- Ali Wong: Baby Cobra
- She’s Gotta Have It
- Dear White People
- The OA
- House of Cards (Robin Wright)
- The Life and Death of Marsha P. Johnson (Great fit for theme of IWD 2018)
- Cable Girls
- Seeing Allred
- Customers can also access a curated list of female directors on Cox OnDemand. This collection will run on all Cox platforms through April 2. Some of the movies featured include:
- Hurt Locker
- Little Miss Sunshine
- The Female Brain
How to Easily Access all of this Good Stuff
To access iHeartRadio on Contour, customers simply need a compatible Contour receiver and any Cox High Speed Internet Service.
To get started, simply say “iHeartRadio,” into the voice remote, or navigate to iHeartRadio through the apps menu (it can be found in the “Entertainment” section). Additionally, customers can access iHeartRadio stations in the Contour Music menu.
Customers don’t need to create an iHeartRadio account to listen to and search for music. However, there are benefits associated with creating an account, including the ability to quickly access their personalized iHeartRadio listening experience and saved favorites.
There are no additional charges associated with accessing iHeartRadio through Contour although, because iHeartRadio is delivered via Cox High Speed Internet service, it is subject to the rules, terms and conditions that govern internet usage including any data usage plans that may apply.
Netflix can be easily accessed with the Contour remote by saying “Netflix” into it, or simply by speaking the name of your favorite Netflix shows like “Stranger Things” or “Narcos”. Click here to for an easy how-to video.
While Netflix is now fully integrated with Contour, Cox customers will need a subscription to Netflix to enjoy content from both sources.
Contour users can access movies and shows on TV, stream on a computer at watchtv.cox.com or stream content through smart phones or tablets via the Contour mobile app to watch anywhere, anytime.