Georgia-filmed Avengers: Infinity War which premiered in theaters on Friday, April 27, generated more than $182 million in local economic activity. Filming took place in Georgia from January 2017 to April 2018.
Avengers: Infinity War employed more than 3,000 Georgians, who were paid more than $65 million in wages. The production also supported a wide array of in-state vendors, including numerous small businesses, such as:
· $11.3 million on grip and electric rentals and purchase
· Over $4 million on local rentals and purchases for set decoration
· More than $6.6 million on camera rentals and purchases
· $4.2 million on catering, bakery goods and other food items
· Over $6.7 million on hardware and lumber supplies, and equipment
· More than $7.2 million on transportation, including truck and car rentals
The film unites Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Black Panther and the rest of the Avengers to battle the galaxy’s most powerful villain – Thanos. The movie was filmed largely at Pinewood Atlanta Studios in Fayetteville, with additional scenes shot in and around Atlanta.
These are preliminary numbers and include both Avengers: Infinity War and portions of the upcoming Avengers 4, which remains untitled.