SCAD seeks nationally recognized candidates to join the university’s Savannah location as a professor of production design and themed entertainment design.
In this role, you will create collaborative and engaging learning experiences for students in film and television, performing arts, digital media, sound design and other departments. Using your design expertise and technical skills, you’ll teach a dynamic curriculum and be an integral part of developing future curriculum enhancements and production opportunities.
The ideal candidate is a designer with a diverse professional portfolio and proven familiarity with Adobe Photoshop. You should have experience with digital visualization and designing for theater and film.
This is your chance to work with talented students within the historic district of Savannah, Georgia, a walkable, bikeable coastal city providing a living laboratory for the study of art and design.
• Terminal degree or its equivalent in production design or a related field
• United Scenic Artists of America Local 829 or Art Directors Guild 800 membership preferred
• Professional experience as a production designer or art director in film, and knowledge covering the spectrum of television, theater, dance and related media preferred
• Portfolio of professional work
• Proficiency with professional visualization techniques and methods
• Evidence of electronic design knowledge
• Experience with themed attractions and immersive experiences is preferred