Columbus showcased their economic, workforce and political structure to producers, studio executives and other high level participants Wednesday evening at PowerHouse. Local and state officials joined leading local businesses to welcome gaming, music and entertainment executives to the city.
The Columbus Entertainment 100 event, presented by the Columbus Film Commission, Flat Rock Studios, Columbus State University and Georgia Entertainment News, hosted 140 people at the invite-only affair.
Peter Bowden, President and CEO of Visit Columbus, “We are thrilled with the participation of local businesses showing their commitment and collective engagement toward this growing segment of our economy. We generated several leads at the event and look to continue the positive momentum as we head into the last half of 2019 and 2020. ”
Since announcing the Columbus Film Fund at Sundance, dozens of prospects have reached out to consider the area for their film. Several films are in negotiations. This, combined with unprecedented activity in the gaming and music sector have created incredible momentum for the region.
“At this event, producers and directors clearly stated their interest in working here in Columbus,” says Randy Davidson, President of Georgia Entertainment News. “Even more impressive was the number of ancillary business owners that attended from outside the city that showed interest in locating offices here in Columbus.”
The event was presented by:
Columbus Film Commission, Flat Rock Studios, Columbus State University and Georgia Entertainment News
Local Partners include:
- Catering provided by Country’s Barbeque
- Furniture set up provided by Outdoor Events
- Audio Visual provided by Kenny Lewis Productions
- Columbus Airport
- The Wade Companies
- Page, Scrantom, Sprouse, Tucker & Ford, P.C.
- Aubrey Bone Technology
- Malone Office
- The Corporate Center
- Hecht Burdeshaw Architects, Inc.
- Robinson Grimes & Company, P.C.
- Ritch Electric Co
- River Mill Data Management
- Becker Survey Company
- RiverCenter for the Performing Arts
- Valley Fir and Redwood Company
- Piedmont Columbus Regional
- The Wright Legal Group
- Hudson Pendleton Financial Group
Statewide Partners include:
- Security provided by Security Associates of Coastal Georgia
- Crafty Apes
- Moonshine Post
- Sapelo Insurance
- Tytan Pictures
- Georgia Screen Entertainment Coalition
- Sterling Seacrest Partners
- Herc Entertainment Services