NC: Film production industry has mixed results from state budget compromise

0

The state budget compromise has produced a mixed bag for the state’s film production industry.

The compromise and the conference report does not specifically list a $31 million commitment toward the film and production grant program in fiscal 2019-20 that was in the budgets of the House and Gov. Roy Cooper.

However, Guy Gaster, director of N.C. Film Office, and Rebecca Clark, director of Piedmont Triad Film Commission, said the grant program continues to be provided $31 million each year, and that used funds “would continue to roll over.”

“The proposal presented on June 25, as part of the joint legislative budget, is different from any previous proposal as presented in the governor’s proposed budget, the House’s proposed budget, or the Senate’s proposed budget, but does reflect some aspects of each of those group’s proposals,” Gaster said.

There was $67.38 million in the film grant fund balance as of late May.

“It is my understanding that any unused funds from a prior fiscal year will not roll over to the next year which is different then last year,” Clark said. See more here.

Share.

About Author

Leave A Reply